What if One Day met Sliding Doors?

10:05



It is almost  three years since I finished University and it has taken me just as long to fully throw myself back into reading for pleasure - doing a Literature degree with four texts a week is a sure way to put anyone off.


It seemed only right to  recuperate from my book drought with a campus novel, allowing me to relive the simplicity of my student days and reconnect with my love for One Day, all while making my daily commute.   

We have all been there. Whether it is wondering what would have happened had you told your past crush how you really felt or how different things would have been had you taken the plunge to move over seas in pursuit of that dream job . We are all guilty of the 'what if syndrome' and Laura Barnett's The Versions of Us plays delightfully upon this. 

It starts with three versions of a chance meeting between our protagonists Eva and Jim as their lives intertwine after an unexpected meeting on a Cambridge country lane. Two of the three versions see the couple meeting and developing their relationship early on, with many complications along the way. 

We see our characters' lives develop, as they go through the highs and lows of every day life. The believable nature of all three versions is what makes the novel so telling.

Described as 'One Day meets Sliding Doors'  by ELLE, I couldn't sum the book up better myself. It is a thought-provoking novel and a worthy read.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images